SMART physical training to come back in shape
Tired of starting up? Stop giving up then. No matter what you have decided-to lose 4 to 40 pounds, having an evening walk or running your first marathon-make sure to set your goal using this 5 essential elements into action.
- Specific- Get a goal which is not arbitrary. You can sum up the goal using rest of the method, but if you want to be fitter, stronger, a baseline would help for sure.
- Measurable –you must quantify the process; your goal may be to master push-ups, or run 5 miles or attending the gym 5days in a week-you need to know that and keep a check on your goal, like ’lose 20 pounds’.
- Attainable- Choose achievable goals to be on track. You should start small and see early wins to get encouraged for long run.
- Relevant- Things get a bit ’tricky’ at this point. Have a goal with motivation, like “I must lose 15 pounds before my high-school reunion.” One must perform better realizing the importance of the goal.
- Timing- Do not set long term goals involving long time like-‘losing 20 pounds in 4 months.’ Instead co. nsider setting smaller goals like-‘losing 5 pounds in 3 months.’ It will help you reaching your goal, at least the probabilities will increase.