Portland Personal Trainer: Why Goal Setting is Important in Health & Fitness
If you have been struggling to get healthy, lose weight and build more muscle, or probably trying to excel better in sports, you need to set fitness goals. These pertain to specific, attainable realistic, measurable and timely targets and milestones. If you have just recently got the fitness train, it is generally best to work on defining and setting your goals with a seasoned Portland personal trainer.If you don’t have a specific goal, it can be all too easy to slack back on your routines, cave in to temptation and revert back to your old ways. It can be difficult to stay on track and keep exercising without tracking your progress in order to determine just how far you have come.Questions to Ask YourselfTo help you stay focused, take time to ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I want to achieve with my exercise program?
- Are my goals attainable and realistic?
- How do I reach my goals?
- Is there a specific timeline for my goals?
- How will I reward myself once I have achieved my goals?
- Over time, the more weight you have managed to lose, the more difficult it will be to shed off the remaining excess pounds.
- The closer you are to reaching your fitness goals, the more difficult it will prove to be.
- The bathroom scale is not always the ideal way to monitor your progress since it will not tell you exactly WHAT you have lost or gained. And sometimes it can be deceiving.
- Once you have managed to reach your ideal weight, adapt a weight management program as a way of life to successfully keep off those extra pounds for good.
- Schedule your workout sessions with your Portland Oregon personal trainer and stick to it.
- Establish weekly fitness goals.
- Work out with friends of family members for added motivation.
- Recommit with your fitness goals regularly.
- Always carry your workout bag with you.
- improve appearance
- enhance physical skills
- build endurance, strength or flexibility
- lose weight